Annual Fund Manager (Full Time)
Download Job Description
Sportsmen’s Tennis & Enrichment Center (Sportsmen’s) is a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to build leaders on the court, in the classroom and in the greater community by providing academic, wellness and social development programs alongside recreational and competitive tennis instruction for youth and adults. Sportsmen’s is committed to improving life opportunities for youth in Boston’s Blue Hill Corridor while welcoming a diverse community from the Greater Boston area. Our 14-court facility is located on 4 acres near the Dorchester/Mattapan line. Founded in 1961, we were the first non-profit tennis club in the United States formed by and for the African-American community.
Youth Tennis is the heart and soul of Sportsmen’s, with over 5,500 K-12 racially, ethnically and socio-economically diverse youth participating in our in- and out-of-school time and weekend lessons, summer and vacation camps. We also offer a host of academic and social enrichment programs that complement our tennis lessons and aid in the character and educational development of our youth. We offer adult leagues and lessons, recreational tennis, competitive tournament play and health/wellness programs for an equally diverse group of adult members and the community at large.
Sportsmen’s $2.8M annual operating budget is approximately 40% fee-for-service revenue, and 60% philanthropy, including corporate and foundation grants, special events, and individual donations. Our 19 member Board of Directors meets 6 times annually, and consists of a Development, Finance, Tennis, Enrichment Programs, Facilities, and Executive Committee. Sportsmen’s is approximately half-way through a $9.5 million capital campaign, in support of facility and program expansions. We also seek to build endowments in support of our agency and individual program budgets.
Annual Fund Manager Opportunity
Sportsmen’s seeks an Annual Fund Manager (AFM) who will work closely with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) to establish and meet our philanthropic goals and objectives. In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and CDO, the AFM will actively participate in the creation and execution of innovative fundraising and engagement strategies. The AFM will manage fundraising appeals, coordinate direct marketing, establish crowdfunding campaigns, assist in stewardship initiatives, and assist with annual giving data analysis and donor record keeping. The AFM will also cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donor prospects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Appeals & Solicitations: Create, implement and evaluate the organization’s annual giving program, including mailings, appeals, reports, and other relevant correspondence channels;
- Crowdfunding Campaigns: Assist with the development and execution of crowdfunding initiatives including overall strategy, communications, and volunteer management; maintain Sportsmen’s Crowdfunding platform;
- Data & Reporting: Ensure effective and efficient utilization of and manage database functions and fundraising reports using Raiser’s Edge, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Stewardship: Oversee all reporting tied to giving data needed for creating a philanthropy and stewardship plan as well as for the board, committees and leadership meetings;
- Administration: Field annual giving inquiries from donors to resolve online giving and gift processing issues; document all donor and data processes working with the database coordinator and Director of Finance when needed;
- Other Departmental Activities: Actively participate as a member of the Philanthropy Team, participate in Sportsmen’s activities and events, engage with members of the Friends of Sportsmen’s and participate when needed in the Board of Directors, Development and Capital Campaign Committee meetings;
The AFM reports to the CDO, and is part of a team consisting of a Director of Special Events, a Media Relations Coordinator, a part-time Data Specialist, and a contract grant writer and webmaster.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in professional fundraising and/or event
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral correspondence;
- Strong leadership, team-building and interpersonal skills, and familiarity with the dynamics of small non-profit organizations;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar Customer Relations Management software and Microsoft Office programs.
- Commitment to youth development and social justice;
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, which may occasionally include evenings and weekends for various programs.
Sportsmen’s Tennis and Education Center is an equal opportunity employer. Since our inception, we have been committed to encouraging and welcoming diversity throughout the organization. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities, policies or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our policy to employ persons on the basis of ability, experience, education, and character. Our policy regarding equal employment opportunity applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignments, promotion, compensation, working conditions, scheduling, wage and salary administration, performance evaluation, benefits, professional development, disciplinary action, and termination.
Sportsmen’s Tennis & Enrichment Center offers a competitive compensation package, including health and dental insurance, and a 401(k) program.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Annual Fund Manager Search Committee
Sportsmen’s Tennis & Enrichment Center
950 Blue Hill Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02124